Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I had this a few years back and have never had another hotdog that wasn't made this way ... I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. I am sure there are many different variations of this hotdog but the way you prepare and cook it makes a difference... and on that note I hope you enjoy it !!!
- 8 hot dogs (wienies)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can jalapenos, diced
- 8 slices bacon, one per wienie
- butter, for the buns (you can use the grease from the bacon)
- 1. Dice and set aside all the veggies.
- 2. Wrap the wienies with the bacon covering end to end.
- 3. Heat your skillet.
- 4. When all of your wienies have been wrapped place them in the skillet and cook the bacon until crisp all around careful not to burn the wienie.
- 5. After you have crisped the bacon make an incision from end to end careful not to cut all the way thru.
- 6. Open the wienie and cook cut side down till slightly browned.
- 7. Set the cooked wienies aside and toast the hotdog buns either in the bacon grease mmm or use another skillet and add a little butter and toast either way it is delicious.
- 8.When the buns are ready add the bacon wrapped wienies to the buns cut side up.
- 9. Add the mayo, mustard, and ketchup in that order in the center of the wienie.
- 10. Then add the onion, tomato, and jalapenos in that order.
- 11. NOW Enjoy !