Recipe by BAker
I found this recipe in a local newspaper years ago and have adapted it by using low fat ingredients where ever possible. It tastes great either way. Serving size is 2 tbls.
- 6 medium zucchini, ends removed,washed,dried,shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place zucchini in a microwave safe colander and place colander over a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes to allow some of the excess liquid to escape.
- Allow to cool and squeeze with hands or press with wooden spoon against side of colander to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together Swiss cheese, reduced fat cream cheese, 1/2c reduced fat parmesan cheese, reduced fat sour cream,reduced fat mayonnaise and Mrs.
- Dash seasoning.
- Stir in zucchini until combined well.
- Put mixture into 1-1/2 to 2 qt casserole or baking dish and top with remaining 1/4c reduced fat parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Serve with baked pita chips, reduced fat crackers or vegetables.