Recipe by Malriah
A more sophisticated hot chocolate from Cooking Light Magazine. You can still indulge yourself and stick to the New Years resolution of eating lighter! Since you use low fat milk, you can even top with a tiny bit of whipped cream!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is excellent! I made this as an after dinner drink tonight and it was well enjoyed by all. In particular, I love the aroma of this while it's on the stove. Simply mmmmm!! This is a perfect treat for a chocolate lover or a special someone for Valentine's day! What I am fantasising upon just now is poking holes in a chocolate cake and pouring this awesome beverage on the cake! YUMMY;)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup chopped premium white baking chocolate (about 4 ounces of a Ghiradelli type chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large sauce pan and cook over medium/high heat until sugar is disolved and the mixture starts to turn a soft golden color.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk in milk and chocolate and return to stove.
- Stirring frequently, bring heat up to about 180, or until bubbles start to form around the edges but do not boil.
- Strain out solids and serve.