Recipe by rpgaymer
What could be a better beverage for this polar vortex-cursed winter than hot chocolate? This recipe fancies up traditional hot chocolate, and it's just awesome. From Saveur.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I adore hot chocolate and I also love cardamom. This recipe was tailor made for me. So delicious, rich, thick, decadent and velvety. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I did add some cardamom whipped cream as garnish. (it had the same spices, so I knew that it would compliment the hot chocolate). Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe, which I have placed in Best of 2014 Cookbook. kudos to you!
- 2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- freshly grated nutmeg, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in a mug; set aside.
- Heat milk, cream and cardamom in a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat until just beginning to bubble at edges, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, discarding cardamom, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk until smooth. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg to serve.