- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon soy margarine
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add the first three ingredients and mix until creamy.
- This might take a couple of minutes; be patient.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Knead dough for two minutes.
- Wrap dough in wax paper and chill in the fridge for a minimum of three hours and a maximum of 24 hours.
- Makes two crusts or one crust with a lattice design on top.