Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick Cornbread off the griddle. Great for dinner with white beans , or breakfast bread.
- 2 cups white lily self-rising cornmeal mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk
- 1 cup boiling water (don't add till grill is hot and buttered)
- Preheat griddle, or heavy seasoned cast iron skillet with oil.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Boil water (or microwave).
- When griddle sizzles., add the boiling water to dry ingredients. Stir once or twice and pour 1/4 cup on hot griddle. Turn once when edges are bubbly. Keep warm while finishing off cakes. Serve with butter and honey.