Recipe by Luscious Creations
Another great recipe from Peggy Chambers. Deliciously light and fluffy!
Top Review by Baby Kato
This is a lovely cake Luscious Creations. My family & neighbors really enjoyed this small, rich, dark, light and fluffy cake. I frosted it with recipe #87683. What a perfect match it was. Thank you so much for sharing, I will be making this often.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, mixed in
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water, to make a smooth paste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda, mixed in
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'f. Line two 8 inch cake pans with wax paper and set aside.
- Mix each each ingredient in the order listed above(mixing well between each), being sure to add the hot water and soda mixture last. Beat well.
- Pour mixture into pans and bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until testing stick comes out clean. Cool and top with favourite icing.