Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Hot Vichyssoise recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 medium leeks, minced (white part only)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- black pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan, saute leeks and onion until tender.
- Add broth and potatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Reserve 3 cups of soup and puree the rest in blender until smooth. Return to saucepan and add chives, salt and pepper.
- Heat gently, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve immediately.