Recipe by x0xMandYx0x
A nice change from Hot Chocolate. Got the recipe from a friend.
Top Review by UmmBinat
DD (toddler) and I liked this a lot. It's really good with the cinnamon on top. A nice creamy drink, just right, not to heavy or too sweet. I used plain rice milk for just the milk part. Instead of a vanilla bean I used vanilla paste which has flecks of vanilla bean in it and is very good in this. I used white sugar. I will make this again.
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- cinnamon, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients and warm over low heat.
- When small bubbles form around the sides of the pan, remove from heat and let the mixture sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Place the pan back on the stove and rewarm the mixture, whisking it quickly to redistribute the skin that forms on the milk's surface.
- Remove the bean half, scrape out the seeds with a sharp knife and put the seeds back in the milk.
- Pour the vanilla milk into 2 mugs and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Drink while hot.