Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something different that my kids like. Actually, husband and I like it too. Adapted from Southern Living.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can English peas, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 (5 ounce) packagesfrozen waffles
- 1 (11 ounce) can cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- To make cheese sauce: add cheese soup and milk into a small saucepan; add in mustard; stir to blend.
- Cook over medium heat until well heated; set aside.
- To make waffle-wich: drain peas and reserve 2 tablespoons liquid.
- In a saucepan, add peas, reserved liquid, mushroom soup, tuna, and hot sauce; stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring every now and then, until heated through.
- Prepare waffles according to package directions.
- Spoon 1/2 cup tuna mixture over half of the waffles; put remaining waffles over tuna to make sandwiches.
- Top with cheese sauce and serve.