Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Takes tuna sandwiches to a whole new level.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickles, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 sandwich buns
- Combine first 8 ingredients and spread on top of each bottom bun half.
- Put on tops and wrap in waxed paper.
- Microwave on high for 25-40 seconds (per sandwich) or until cheese melts.
What a great sandwich! We like tuna, but this is a real treat for lunch. Thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper. Carole in Orlando
TERRIFIC tuna! I haven't had a tuna sandwich in years because tuna sandwiches are so BORING! Not this tuna sandwich. It's not spicy or complicated, just savory and satisfying. I used a 6 ounce can of tuna with the other ingredients as written (well, a bit less mayo). Winner of a sandwich, Diggy. Thanks.