Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Need a new idea for avocados? Here is a quick and easy way to create a brunch, lunch or supper dish. From Betty Crocker's Microwave Cookbook.
- 1 cup thin sliced celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix celery, tuna, mayonnaise, pimento and chilli powder.
- Arrange avocados, narrow end to center on a 12 inch plate.
- Fill with tuna mixture, spreading to cover entire cut surface.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, rotate plate 1/2 turn and cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until tuna is hot and cheese is melted.
When I saw the recipe here I thought, "What's not to like?". All the ingredients are favs around here...and they were with me too! But when heated, it just was not what I expected. I suggest for anyone trying this to heat up the tuna ingredients and place in a room temp avocado, then sprinkle with cheese. Guess hot avocado is not for me.