Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are quick and fun sandwiches to serve for lunch or for a fast dinner solution. They're great with cole slaw and potato chips.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canchunk-style tuna, drained well and flaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (including tops)
- 4 onion rolls
- In a bowl, stir together mayo, relish and mustard.
- Add tuna, cheese, celery and onions, stir until well combined.
- Spread tuna mixture evenly over bottom halves of rolls and top with remaining roll halves.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet into a pre-heated 350° oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Unwrap and serve immediately.
Wow! These are so quick, easy, and delicious! Even my mother, who isn't a big fan of tuna, raved about them. She said she could hardly taste the tuna at all! I only used about 1/4 cup of the celery and green onions, and the flavors all melted together so well! I think this will become a busy weeknight favorite!
Such a good sandwich! So cheesy! I used hamburger buns because I don't like onion buns. The ingredients blended together so well.
Without a doubt this recipe gets 5 stars. We loved these. True comfort food. My only change was to use half the amount of mayo called for. The onion rolls really set these apart. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be making these again.