Recipe by CIndytc
I have no idea where I got this recipe as I have been making it for years and I had typed it up on a piece of paper so I would not lose it....It is a great appetizer to take somewhere or as I used to do make it for the boat....
- 1 (12 ounce) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground sirloin, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, diced fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells according to package directions. Cook ground beef, add salt, oregano, pepper and cumin. Add taco seasoning and water, simmer 10 minutes.
- Place cooked mixture in bowl and spoon on cheese. Set aside to cool. Mix rest of ingredients together with cooled mixture. Fill cooked drained shells. Makes about 16 appetizers. Can be served immediately or at room temperature.