1/2 Photos of Hot Truck P M P - Poor Man's Pizza
This is posted in tribute to Bob Petrillose, its creator who passed away last month. I had the honor of eating way too many of these pizza subs during my college days. Rumor has it that a student who worked in the truck sold the idea to Stouffer's and was the origin of the French Bread Pizza. Learn more about Bob here: http://www.seriouseats.com/2007/02/the-hot-truck.html and here http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/Dec08/PetrilloseObit.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut the French bread loaf in half crosswise and then slice them completely open, horizontally. Place the four pieces of bread on a baking sheet.
- 3Using a ladle or spoon, spread the pizza sauce on all pieces of bread, being sure to cover out to the edges (to prevent burning) and sprinkle with oregano.
- 4Spread mushrooms across each bottom half of the bread. (This is officially for the "PMP Mush" version - use pepperoni for "PMP Pep").
- 5Generously cover the mushrooms with mozzarella.
- 6Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the French bread is golden brown. Lay the top halves of the French bread on the bottom halves to make sandwiches. I also tried it in the panini maker which was faster and tasted the same, but the cheese didn't melt quite like the original. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Truck P M P - Poor Man's Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 1779.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 33.3 g