Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Fully cook julienned ham may be replaced for the salami, this yields four smaller potions I would definately double to serve more than four --- this is very good!
Top Review by mickeydownunder
THIS recipe you MUST make! SO healthy for you and your family sake! LOVE the ease and simplicity! Added 4 red chilli peppers, as that worked for me! Used spinach and cheese tortellini as had on hand today!, This is TERRIFIC made just the Kittencal way! THANKS! Updated Used 16 very thin sliced of salami, true! Julienned it as just I can do! WOW! WOW! TOTALLY did enjoy! OK will Y-E-L-L out! OH BOY!
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (make certain that the florets are completely dry before using)
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 10 slices dry italian salami, julienned (can use more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper (optional and to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- If using the garlic powder mix in with the sour cream; set aside.
- Meanwhile in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl combine the broccoli florets with green onions and butter; cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, remove and stir.
- Continue to cook for about 2-1/2 to 3 minutes longer or until the florets are just fork-tender.
- Drain the tortellini and add to the broccoli mixture along with salami, sour cream and basil.
- Return to microawve and cook until heated through (about 1-2 minutes).
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste if desired, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
- Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.