Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mmm, mmm, mmm! Great Southern breakfast or brunch dish.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon slices in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Do not drain.
- Gradually add broth and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir in grits, tomatoes, and chiles; return to boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with cooked and crumbled bacon.