Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 lb plum tomato, sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 -6 pieces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs (ie. basil, parsley, oregano, and chives)
- salt and pepper
- fresh herb, to garnish
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella in circles in four individual shallow flameproof dishes.
- Sprinkle the chopped red onion and sun-dried tomatoes on top.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, chopped herbs, and seasoning.
- Pour over the salads.
- Place the salads under the hot broiler for 4-5 minutes, until the mozzarella starts to melt.
- Sprinkle pepper over the salads, and serve immediately, garnished with fresh herb sprigs.
Now this is a wonderful salad,the fresh herbs did it for me!I love tomatoes and the combination in this salad is super.Thanks