Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious hot drink for a cold, miserable night.
- 4.92 ml sugar, dissolved in
- 4.92 ml water
- 9.85 ml orange juice
- 42.52 g rum (I like dark rum)
- 85.04 g red wine
- 0.25 ml cinnamon (ground)
- 1 whole clove
- 1 slice lemon rind
- 0.25 ml nutmeg, to garnish (ground)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar water with the orange juice, rum, wine, cinnamon, and clove.
- Add the lemon rind and bring to a boil.
- Remove lemon rind, and serve drinks very hot, garnished with nutmeg.
Whew! This sure did the trick the other night when I had a rough day at work and was also feeling like I needed some warming up from the cold. This was very easy to make with all ingredients on hand. I found the amount of rum just a little bit strong (but just a little) and I sweetened my glass with a small pinch or two of sugar. Thanks for posting.