Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious hot drink for a cold, miserable night.
- 1 teaspoon sugar, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rum (I like dark rum)
- 3 ounces red wine
- 1 dash cinnamon (ground)
- 1 whole clove
- 1 slice lemon rind
- 1 dash nutmeg, to garnish (ground)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar water with the orange juice, rum, wine, cinnamon, and clove.
- Add the lemon rind and bring to a boil.
- Remove lemon rind, and serve drinks very hot, garnished with nutmeg.
Whew! This sure did the trick the other night when I had a rough day at work and was also feeling like I needed some warming up from the cold. This was very easy to make with all ingredients on hand. I found the amount of rum just a little bit strong (but just a little) and I sweetened my glass with a small pinch or two of sugar. Thanks for posting.