Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Submitted by Judy Anderson for Mascarpone Madness.
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream, heavy
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup coffee, black
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for garnish
- whipping cream, for garnish
- instant coffee, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the mascarpone cheese and the heavy cream. Add the milk and heat on low to medium heat, stirring frequently until heated through and completely smooth.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixture and stir again for 5 minutes, or until the cocoa completely dissolves.
- Pour hot coffee into each serving cup - the coffee should fill only the bottom quarter of the cup.
- Pour the chocolate/cheese mixture over the top of the coffee. Add the maple syrup and stir until completely mixed.
- Garnish with whipping cream, a splash of maple syrup, a sprinkle of coffee, a dusting of cocoa powder and a few chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately, for authenticity, serve with a lady finger on the side.
Oh my goodness. This is such an incredibly indulgent drink. So creamy and the perfect blend of chocolate and coffee flavour. This is going in my "favourites" book. Thank you so much!
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.