All I can say about this recipe is that it is the absolute best stir fry I have ever tasted. It doesn't take much to prepare, and is a perfect quick and easy dinner for the typical mother. I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, cubed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- cauliflower, and
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Blend oil, garlic powder, ginger, pepper, cardamom, chili powder and soy sauce in large skillet.
- Add pork; stir-fry pork over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables, vinegar and curry.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.
Absolutely awful. Wouldn't recommend this to an enemy. The cardamom ruined it, and it was very dry. Not good at all!
Not rating because I think I might have caused my problem. This recipe was very dry. We stir-fried the veges, removed from pan, then did the meat. I'm thinking that maybe the order specified might create enough liquid for a sauce, but I don't see how, since the pan isn't covered. Nice balance of meat and veges, seasonings were good, but the lack of sauce was dissappointing.
The pork in this stir fry is amazing! I want my kitchen to smell like this all the time! I think I used about twice the pork, so I doubled the spices that went in with it. Actually, I doubled all the spices, but next time I'll just stick to doubling the first set. (Double the curry was a little too much for me.) Broccoli, carrots & red bell pepper worked well as the veggies, and I put it all over basmati rice. Thanks for a fantastic new stir fry recipe!