I Cook Therefore I Am's Note:
From "Tomatoes" by Manisha Gambhir Harkins. Posted for ZWT III. This is really really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 3 -4 slices fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outter leaves discarded and insides finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined, and shells reserved for the stock
- 7 green tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- brown sugar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1For the stock: Put the shrimp shells, chile, lemongrass, garlic, and shallots in a saucepan with 1 quart of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about a half hour and then pour through a strainer. Only 1 1/2 cups of the stock is needed for this recipe. Reserve the rest by freezing.
- 2Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the curry paste. Stir fry for several minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Add the shrimp stock, ginger, and lemongrass to the pot and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a rapid simmer.
- 4Add the coconut milk and stir constantly to keep it from separating.
- 5Lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 6Add the shrimp and cook until just done.
- 7Add the tomatoes and cook for one minute so they're just heated through.
- 8Add the sugar, green onions, and cilantro.
- 9Serve with the jasmine rice to soak up the juice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Thai Shrimp and Green Tomato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste