Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Hearty lunch or light dinner for 2. Great for those hot summer days. The preparation time includes the minimum marinade time for the chicken.
- Place chicken in shallow dish, pour teriyaki sauce over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Place chicken on microwave safe plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one corner to vent.
- Microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- While chicken cooks, mix the salad greens, water chestnuts, onions and pineapple.
- Mix the olive oil and 2 tsps teriyaki sauce; pour over greens and toss.
- Divide salad greens and place on 2 plates, top with cooked sliced chicken.
This is a great healthy salad ~ We all loved this one!
Great Salad! I added a couple tablespoons of pineapple juice to the marinade. I grilled the chicken instead of using the microwave and it was delicious! The dressing was perfectly proportioned and wet the greens without stealing the show. Thanks Paula!!!
A nice filling salad. A good combination of sweet and savory. I added grape tomatoes because I needed more color in my salad. I also added pineapple juice to the dressing. Delicious.