Recipe by Witch Doctor
Create some sweet heat at your next barbecue with these mouthwatering ribs. The sweet flavors of brown sugar and guava jelly perfectly complement the zing of ginger, cinnamon, and red pepper.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup guava jelly
- Combine brown sugar and spices in a small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons spice mixture. Rub remaining spice mixture on ribs; coat well.
- Place ribs in a single layer on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet (17x11-inch) or roasting pan. Pour water into pan; cover with foil. Bake at 375°F 1 hour, or until meat starts to pull away from bones.
- Meanwhile, combine jelly and reserved spice mixture. Brush steamed ribs with jelly mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight, if desired.
- Grill or broil 3-5 minutes per side, or until heated through and nicely browned.