Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I first found this recipe in a Low Fat Time Life Recipe book. I love pasta and have finally found that I am needing to add extras to plain pastas to please my own taste buds.=)
- 10 ounces cooked ziti pasta
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 6 ounces scallops
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper (slivered)
- 1 green pepper (slivered)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a large nonstick pan heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute garlic until soft.
- Add scallops, cover, and cook for just a few minutes.
- When scallops are opaque take out of pan and set in large mixing bowl.
- Add the juices, paste, 1 tbsp of olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper flakes to the pan with the garlic.
- On high heat bring to a boil and stir until mixture is thick.
- Pour mixture over the scallops and add peppers, cucumbers, onion, and parsley-stir.
- Toss in the ziti and stir some more.