Recipe by wife2abadge
From the cookbook A Man, A Can, A Plan. I use a package of Smart Ground vegetarian soy crumbles and 8 oz ground turkey breast instead of the ground beef, and lowfat cheese.
Top Review by Crisci
My family LOVED this. Thank you for sharing it. I did have to adapt the recipe to the ingredients I had on hand, so I used cornbread instead of polenta and fresh chopped tomatoes with a jalapeno instead of the canned ones. It was wonderful... and easy. I couldn't ask for more.
- 680.38 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 56.69 g sliced black olives
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 396.89 g diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 311.84 g Mexican-style corn, drained
- 453.59 g prepared polenta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and onion; drain.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, corn, olives, and chili powder.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then scrape into a 2 1/2-qt baking dish.
- Cut the polenta lengthwise into quarters, then slice across the quarters into wedges 1/4" thick.
- Scatter over the meat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake 10-15 minutes more.