From the cookbook A Man, A Can, A Plan. I use a package of Smart Ground vegetarian soy crumbles and 8 oz ground turkey breast instead of the ground beef, and lowfat cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown the beef and onion; drain.
- 2Add the tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, corn, olives, and chili powder.
- 3Simmer for 5 minutes, then scrape into a 2 1/2-qt baking dish.
- 4Cut the polenta lengthwise into quarters, then slice across the quarters into wedges 1/4" thick.
- 5Scatter over the meat.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake 10-15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 605.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: