1/3 Photos of Hot Taco Salad
Salsa adds lots of flavor to this warm salad. From "Recipes for Busy Cooks" by the Rice a Roni folks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- 2Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 3In the same skillet, prepare Rice a Roni Mix as package directs.
- 4Stir in meat mixture, salsa and chili powder; continue cooking over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Arrange lettuce on serving platter.
- 6Top with rice mixture, tomato and cheese.
- 7Top with Tortilla chips, if desired.
- 8Add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- 9Makes 5 servings.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 279.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef flavored Rice-A-Roni