Recipe by tarheeljanet
This is great! My kids and DH all love it. I got it out of an Amish cookbook I bought in Ohio. When we are nearing the end of the tortilla chips and there aren't many big chips for scooping, I'll make this to finish the bag.
- 1 lb fried hamburger
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (I used reduced sodium)
- 1 small onion (1/4-1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pint pizza sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 -6 cups crushed tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour tortilla chips evenly into the bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Mix hamburger, seasonings, onion, pizza sauce and beans together. Spoon evenly over the chips.
- Spread sour cream over the hamburger mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over the sour cream.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- You can top with lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, black olives, or whatever. This is sooo good!