Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Frugal Gourmet
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 dried chilies
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- green onion, chopped
- dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cut chicken into small pieces and marinate in the soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Place peanut oil in hot wok, add the red pepper. Cook for 15 seconds.
- Add the chicken, marinade and all, and cook over high heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture, and cook until it thickens. Serve, topped with green onions and peanuts.
We thought this dish was tasty and really liked the way the marinade added to carmelizing the chicken and giving it nice color. We found it very mild and missed the heat, though. Next time I would kick up the heat as well as the Asian flavors and add some ginger and garlic. Made for PAC Fall 2009.