1/2 Photos of Hot Szechuan-Style Green Beans
Barb Gertz's Note:
This recipe can be made up to 2 hours ahead of time;let cool, then cover and let stand at room temperature. If you use the maximum amount of chili flakes this dish will be quite HOT. The recipe comes from Sunset Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and drain green beans;trim off and discard stem ends.
- 2Cut green beans into 2- to 3-inch lengths.
- 3In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili flakes, and white pepper.
- 4Set a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat.
- 5When pan is hot, add green beans and 1/4 cup water.
- 6Cover and cook, stirring once, until beans are bright green and slightly crunchy to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Uncover and cook until any remaining water has evaporated.
- 8Add oil, garlic, and ginger to pan stir until green beans and garlic are slightly browned, 1to 2 minutes.
- 9Stir soy mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce thickens and coats the beans, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Pour into serving dish.
- 11Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Szechuan-Style Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 255.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes