Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Another nice recipe from Light & Tasty magazine. Open-faced and and broiled to perfection.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup lettuce, shredded
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir in the chicken, celery and cheese.
- Spread butter on each slice of bread; top each with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.
- Place sandwiches on a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan; broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Top sandwiches with tomato and lettuce.