Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 clove garlic, cut
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 -12 ounces fresh swiss chard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- to taste pepper
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- Marinate garlic clove in oil for 1 hour.
- Remove garlic. Wash, dry and tear chard into bite-size pieces (remove stems). Just before serving, heat oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over chard.
- Toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle with eggs and bacon.
- Toss lightly.
- Garnish with hard-cooked egg slices, if desired.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This was delicious and relatively easy to make. My family loves garlic, so I minced a large clove of garlic and added it to the oil before heating.
A winner! The salad was great as is. Chopped the stems and a small onion and sauteed in some bacon fat and olive oil. Added a fresh baked baguette, and it was a bistro meal.
Loved this! Left the bacon drippings in like Dustbunni and subbed garlic powder for the chopped garlic. Served with French Tart's Bread in a Crock for an amazing lunch!