Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from a relative.
Make and share this Hot Swiss & Almond Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml onion, minced
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml horseradish
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml almonds, sauteed
- Combine all ingredients in either a microwaveable bowl or a pot for the stovetop, according to your cooking preference.
- If using the microwave, heat for 1-2 minutes at a time on 50% power, stirring periodically, until heated through and cheese is melted (about 6-8 minutes).
- If using the stovetop, heat over medium low, stirring frequently (about 6-8 minutes).
- This pairs nicely with a variety of food, including bread chunks, crackers, pretzels, and the like!
I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of this awesome recipe. After seeing diners photo I had to try it for our 4th of July party and so glad I did. Recieved rave reviews and everyone wanted more. It was so easy to make exactly as per directions and the flavors blended so well that I didn't (and wouldn't) change a thing. There was not a piece left. I'll just have to make again soon so I can get the photo.
We loved this dip!! I made 1/4 of the recipe to have as a snack since we ate a late breakfast. We loved the flavor combination from the cheeses, onion and the texture of the crispy almonds. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT.
This is such a wonderful spread! It is cheesy, thick, creamy and very addicitive! The onion and swiss go great with the spices and the almonds add the perfect crunch. I roughly chopped mine and sprinkled them on top.
Everyone loved this dip and I will certainly make it again as it was also very easy to do.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great keeper with us, starry!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #35 June 2011.