Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Yellow foods contain alpha carotene, which protects against cancer and also beta carotene which improves vision, lowers the risk of heart disease and boosts the immune system. This tasty salad counts as one of your five a day.
- 325 g sweetcorn (fresh or tinned)
- 4 shallots or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 125 ml olive oil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sweetcorn in a bowl (draining if need be) and lightly mash, this stops the corn popping when fried. Then add all the other fritter ingredients except the oil and mix well.
- Heat oil and drop tablespoon sized amounts in the pan. Fry both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a jug.
- Serve fritters on salad leaves and drizzled with the dressing.