Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Put a little zip into watermelon cubes. Taken from the zip4tweens website. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- MIX pepper and chopped mint in a small bowl.
- PUT watermelon cubes into a large bowl. TOSS spice mixture gently but thoroughly with watermelon.
- PLACE in refrigerator until cold.
- SPOON into serving glasses or bowls.
- GARNISH with a fresh mint leaf, if you want to.
This was pretty good...I'll try it again with a better melon.
very tasty. i used the chunks that you can get at the deli in the little plastic containers and just sprinkled with the pepper and mint and stirred. stuck it back in the refrigerator and ate it for lunch snack. also funny fact: the watermelons grown in the coral in Key west are spicy and seedless naturally. they called them key west watermelons and sold them to tourists when my hubby was little and lived down there.
This is a great way to serve a summer fruit! The pepper really compliments the sweet watermelon. I will be making this one again and again.Very elegant served in pretty glasware.