1/1 Photo of Hot Sweet Potato Salad
Looking to use sweet potatoes in something other than a casserole? Try this interesting twist in potato salad recipes that begins by roasting the sweet potatoes.... For ZWT classification, please use the West for the sweet potato crops grown in Hawaii.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, slivered
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Toss sweet potatoes with sugar, oil, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- 3Roast 25-30 minutes.
- 4While potatoes are roasting, saute bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 5Pour off fat, leaving bacon in pan.
- 6Add onions and saute 3 minutes.
- 7Add jelly and vinegar, stirring until jelly melts.
- 8Remove sweet potatoes from oven and put in large bowl.
- 9Add bacon mixture, pecans, lime juice, and scallions to potatoes and toss.
- 10Season with salt.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 585.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g