Recipe by Gator Lady
I was looking for something to can using bell peppers, hot peppers & onion, and came up with this. We grow several different types of pepper, sweet & hot. I LOVE Hot Sauces & Relishes, recently made the Hot Pepper Butter (Mustard) #137562, and it was outstanding. Got that Canning Fever! Enjoy!
Top Review by 2curly
This was the first time I had made hot relish and it was a great hit! I am definitly making this again but next time I'm going to add more hot peppers as people in my family like it extremely hot. Great tasting relish!
- 4 large bell peppers, any color (I used 2 red, 1 yellow, & 1 green)
- 2 red onions
- 5 -10 hot peppers, depending on heat you like
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt, I use garlic salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean & remove seeds & membranes from bell peppers, can leave seeds & all for hot peppers for more heat.
- Finely chop peppers & onions, by hand or food processor.
- Combine all ingredients in non stick pot, bring to boil & simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Can be put in containers for fridge or canned.
- If you are canning, 10 minute minimum water bath, so cans are sealed properly.
- Use for meats, on cream cheese & crackers, or just use you imagination.