I was looking for something to can using bell peppers, hot peppers & onion, and came up with this. We grow several different types of pepper, sweet & hot. I LOVE Hot Sauces & Relishes, recently made the Hot Pepper Butter (Mustard) #137562, and it was outstanding. Got that Canning Fever! Enjoy!
- Clean & remove seeds & membranes from bell peppers, can leave seeds & all for hot peppers for more heat.
- Finely chop peppers & onions, by hand or food processor.
- Combine all ingredients in non stick pot, bring to boil & simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Can be put in containers for fridge or canned.
- If you are canning, 10 minute minimum water bath, so cans are sealed properly.
- Use for meats, on cream cheese & crackers, or just use you imagination.