A nice change from tomato based salsa with a good taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 papayas (can sub cantelope, if you must) or 1 ripe mango, pared, seeded, chopped (can sub cantelope, if you must)
- 48 Nabisco Triscuits (or other crackers)
- 1Pare and halve cucumber, remove seeds, discard, chop cucumber finely.
- 2Mix cucumber with pimentos, chopped as necessary to make a finely textured salsa, the parsley, green onion, lime rind, lime juice, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- 3Stir in papaya or mango for a tropical taste, cantaloupe will do in a pinch.
- 4Cover and chill until serving time.
- 5Serve as a dip or spread for Triscuits.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot-Sweet No Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (884 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: