Recipe by Derf
A nice change from tomato based salsa with a good taste.
Top Review by kusum gupta
It is an easy way to include fruits and vegetables in your diet by making salsa. Try using cilantro (green coriander) and fruits like plums, strawberries, and peaches. I cut everything in chunks and then chop and mix (couple of rounds)in a food processor.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 papayas (can sub cantelope, if you must) or 1 ripe mango, pared, seeded, chopped (can sub cantelope, if you must)
- 48 Nabisco Triscuits (or other crackers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare and halve cucumber, remove seeds, discard, chop cucumber finely.
- Mix cucumber with pimentos, chopped as necessary to make a finely textured salsa, the parsley, green onion, lime rind, lime juice, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in papaya or mango for a tropical taste, cantaloupe will do in a pinch.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Serve as a dip or spread for Triscuits.