Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a good recipe using your grill. Its really good. Needs to marinate for about an hour in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 lbs chicken drummettes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In large bowl stir preserves, garlic sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, minced rosemary and mustard.
- Add the drumettes and toss well to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- Grill turning often basting and cooking a total of about 30 minutes.
- Dont bast at the last 10 minutes of cooking.
We had these for dinner tonight. I made the full amount of marinade, then kept some out to use for basting, and we used 2 chicken breasts. This was DELICIOUS. I used the orange marmalade and fresh rosemary from the garden. We really loved this recipe. The marinade gets nice and crispy on the outside of the chicken because of the sugar. We enjoyed it so much and will definitely make it again. thank you for posting it.
We liked this chicken very much! I used bone in thighs and gave the sauce a nice shot of Sriracha. I baked the chicken due to weather issues and then put it under the broiler for a few minutes at the end and it was very very good. I served the chicken with sticky rice and steamed broccoli drizzled with sesame oil and seeds.
Loved it! This is an excellent and easy recipe. I recommend to anyone who likes spicy food but yet got that sweet kick to it. My daughter was like...Mom make sure you make this again soon :) Thank you Karen :D