1/4 Photos of Hot Sweet and Creamy Cocoa!
This is a rich version of cocoa and what a treat it makes! In the 18th century Europeans married milk with chocolate and sugar. Soon after, it became a very popular after dinner drink! Adding a pinch of cayenne gives it a little spice too! Adapted from Country Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk sugar, cocoa, and 3 tablespoons milk together in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- 2Stir in 1/2 cup each of milk and cream and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 3For extra richness, stir in 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate. Or add spice with a tiny sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- 4Top with marshmallows. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Sweet and Creamy Cocoa!
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.5
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.1 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g