Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great tasting hot subs. Good for get-togethers or just for a quick supper. Make sure and add enough hard salami to each sub, it adds a lot of flavor and the melted cheese tastes so good on it.
- 12 round kaiser rolls
- 1 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1 lb hard salami
- 1 lb turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 12 sheets aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush Kaiser rolls with 1 teaspoon Italian dressing over each side.
- Divide the meat among the 12 rolls and stack on bottom half of each roll.
- Add a few slices of onion on top of meat and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Sprinkle lightly with Italian seasoning or oregano and add top of roll.
- Wrap each in aluminum foil making 12 flying saucer looking wraps.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm right out of the foil.
I tried these sandwiches yesterday, and they were good, but they didn't get hot enough. I'll try 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, next time.
Forget Quiznos, these are better and the perfect sandwich for today's exciting football game! I set up a 'line' of the ingredients, demonstrated my sandwich first and the rest followed and made their sandwiches according to taste. We used sub rolls and I added provolone cheese to the 'lineup'. Also, we added shredded lettuce and thinly sliced tomatoes to our sandwiches after they came out of the oven. We loved these and will be making them again...for SUPERBOWL! Thanks JoAnn!
i have a very picky husband and this was great, he is now asking if we can have them. he leaves off the turkey and adds swiss cheese also. thanks for this great recipe!!!