This is a little something I borrowed from a friend and modified to suit my own tastes. Has been a huge hit with my vegetarian friends. Quick and easy! Give it a try for your next party or movie night! A bit of a hint... save those stems and keep them in the freezer. They're great to toss into the pot when making stock or broth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix jalapeno, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup parm into butter.
- Place caps on a bake sheet and season to taste w salt/pepper.
- Fill caps with butter mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 parm over all the caps.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of bread crumbs over the parm coated caps.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until mushrooms give up juices.
- Broil to crisp up topping if not to satisfaction.
- Serve and Enjoy!