Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Some like it hot, some not so hot! These little (about 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" high) red peppers are just right for medium hot. They look lovely on your plate. I served them with broccoli. cauliflower, browned potatoes and lamb chops. They also come as green cherry tomatoes and are great served as an appetizeer - perhaps only an inch across & an inch high - The green ones i found were hotter than the red!
- 8 cherry peppers
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced fine
- 2 medium mushrooms, minced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 teaspoons cottage cheese or 8 teaspoons sour cream or 8 teaspoons yogurt
- Cut the top off the peppers and remove the membranes and seeds.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and mushrooms on a non stick skillet (use a bit of oil if you wish but not necessary) about 4 minutes. Sprinkle in the oregano.
- Sprinkle with the Worcestershire sauce and remove.
- Stuff the peppers with this filling.
- Top with a tsp of cottage cheese (or other).
- Sprinkle with a little parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes around 350°F and serve.
I made these with sour cream. They were medium hot, just as promised, and made for a pretty dish. The heat of the peppers themselves somewhat overwhelmed the more subtle flavor of the filing, but I did enjoy the strong pepper flavor of the roasted peppers. I would like to try them again, using cottage cheese the next time.