Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from Three Rivers Renaissance Cookbook IV, Child Health Association of Sewickley, PA (the town that DDI lives in). The peppers are luscious and make a great appetizer or even a main course. Thank you Donna Adipietro.
- 2 lbs bulk sausage, Italian
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 8 slices bread, with crust on, roughly chopped
- 12 banana peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and cored
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a baking sheet on the middle shelf of the oven.(This will prevent the bottom of the peppers from burning.).
- In a bowl, combine sausage, eggs, garlic salt and Romano cheese until well blended.
- Add chopped bread to the stuffing mixture, incorporating until all the bread is used.
- Place peppers on a clean baking sheet and fill with the stuffing mixture.
- Place on top of the heated baking sheet.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.