Recipe by KelBel
Creamy chicken in avocado topped with cheese.
Top Review by Southern Polar Bear
Sublime!!! I actually made it as a meal, instead of an appetizer, and enjoyed it even more! It is very rich, and justifiably addictive, so the next time I make it, I am going to carve out half the avocado and add more chicken mix to the hollow centers just so I don't feel so guilty about eating it. I didn't add the flour, and only used 1/4 cup of cream, and it still tasted divine. Thanks KelBel!
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup cooked chicken, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
- Put halves in large baking pan. Sprinkle each with lemon juice and garlic powder.
- In small saute pan, melt butter; add shallot, celery salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Whisk in flour.
- Add cream. Cook while stirring until thickened. Fold in chicken and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Stuff each avocado with half of mixture, top each with remaining cheese and almonds and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.