Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy chicken in avocado topped with cheese.
Make and share this Hot Stuffed Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
- Put halves in large baking pan. Sprinkle each with lemon juice and garlic powder.
- In small saute pan, melt butter; add shallot, celery salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Whisk in flour.
- Add cream. Cook while stirring until thickened. Fold in chicken and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Stuff each avocado with half of mixture, top each with remaining cheese and almonds and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Sublime!!! I actually made it as a meal, instead of an appetizer, and enjoyed it even more! It is very rich, and justifiably addictive, so the next time I make it, I am going to carve out half the avocado and add more chicken mix to the hollow centers just so I don't feel so guilty about eating it. I didn't add the flour, and only used 1/4 cup of cream, and it still tasted divine. Thanks KelBel!
Heavenly. Loaded with guilt, but heavenly. As written there is plenty of filling for at least 2 Hass avocadoes. I may be making these too often for my own good. I thank you for this recipe, but my waistline will hate you! ;)