Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Southern Living 1981. I've edited the instructions slightly for stovetop. The preserves may be heated in the microwave on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons kirsch or 2 tablespoons cherry flavored brandy
- Scoop the ice cream into four small serving dishes and refreeze.
- Combine the preserves, pecans and kirsch in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently until the preserves are heated through and partially melted.
- Spoon the preserves over the ice cream and serve immediately.
Delicious, fast, SO GOOD! Much better than any other I've ever tried.
This is better than any Dairy Queen Sundae! I used the Kirsch and increased the nuts... my DH and DS absoutely loved this for dessert tonight, thanks for sharing DG!...Kitten:)
This was really really good. I never thought of using strawberry preserves as an ice cream topping. Much cheaper then the bottled topping. Thank you.