Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From BHG. Delicious! You may want to add sweetener but I enjoyed without :)
Make and share this Hot Strawberry Cider recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups apple cider or 8 cups apple juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (4 inches long)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 8 fresh strawberry slices (optional) or 8 apples, slices (optional)
- 8 whole cinnamon sticks, to garnish (optional)
- Combine apple cider or juice, frozen strawberries, stick cinnamon, and whole cloves in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve lined with 100%-cotton cheesecloth.
- To serve, pour beverage into eight heatproof glasses.
- Garnish each serving with a cinnamon stick and a fresh strawberry or apple slice, if desired. Makes 8 (8 oz) servings.
Five stars all the way Flower. What a great drink. It was quick and easy to make and tastes great. I enjoyed it hot and also cold served over ice. The spice ratio is perfect in this drink. Thank you for sharing this lovely treat, which I will enjoy again and again. Made for Spring Pac 2014